Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message.
Satisfaction Guaranteed.Really. It just keeps getting better. The best materials at fantastic prices. You just stumbled upon paydirt! And we know you can’t wait to get out there in all that dirt and sand with those undriven roads calling your name--they must be explored. We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are dissatisfied you may return the windshield within 30 days for a refund.
More reasons you’ll love our windshields...
Our windshields are the easiest to install on the market, which means you save time and energy. Because it's so simple to install, you’ll spend more time exploring, relaxing and having fun.
Handcrafted, precision fitting windshields look great and fit snugly to keep the elements out.Quick customizations are possible because of the industrial velcro strap attachments. It's a snap to fold the window up or down as the weather and terrain change.
Expert engineering and thoughtful designs will make your ride safer and more enjoyable. One feature our customers like is the bend on the half size windshield which deflects the airflow. The same bend is found on the full size windshield lower pane so when operating in the down position, the air doesn't hit you directly in the face.
Vinyl and foam capping along around the edges keep the windshield from rattling or damaging the hood. The windshield looks finished and the capping adds a seal to keep dust, rocks and water out.
Made in America.
Phillips head screwdriver or power drill Flat head screwdriver (a short one is prefered)
- Unbox the windshield and remove the wrapping. Keep the protective peel coat on the windshield until after assembly and installation.
- Remove the strap packet and find the bag containing the hinge hardware. It will contain:
- 3 hinges
- 6 rubber gaskets
- 12 Stainless steel cap screws with Loctite
- 12 Stainless steel Chicago screws
Clearly Tough products are backed by a complete satisfaction guarantee. We are confident you’ll love our products. If for some reason you are not satisfied we will provide an exchange or return on product within 30 days from purchase. Clearly Tough pays for return shipping only if it was our error.
Clearly Tough will refund the price of the product but you'll be responsible for the shipping costs unless it was our error. To receive this satisfaction guarantee the product must be returned in unused condition and in it’s original packaging with all parts included. Any items not returned in new condition and in original packaging will be subject to a 20% or more restocking fee.
For more information read our complete return and warranty statement here
High quality polycarbonate material provides superior strength, crystal clear optical quality, and has a proprietary abrasion and UV-resistant surface. Polycarbonate has 250 times the impact strength of glass and is stronger than Acrylic too.
In fact, in everyday use polycarbonate is usually considered "unbreakable" while Acrylic windshields may develop stress cracks and eventual break. Polycarbonate is warranted against yellowing, breakage, coating failure and loss of light transmission and offers improved resistance to weathering.
Polycarbonate with a dual sided scratch resistant coating is the best quality windshield on the side by side UTV windshield market. If you want protection from flying gravel and rocks polycarbonate will give the best protection, look better longer and will last the longest.
High Impact Acrylic is stronger than regular acrylic and can be found under brand names such as ICI Lucite® and Acrylite®. High impact acrylic has good clarity with good impact resistance and is cheaper than polycarbonate. Acrylics are approximately 17 times more impact resistant than standard float glass while polycarbonates are more than 200 times more resistant to impact chipping or breaking than glass.
Both Polycarbonate and Acrylics are lighter than glass which can save on gas and cuts down considerable on the weight load.
Clean Manually1. First wash all dirt, bugs, etc. off with water or mild soap before any wiping takes place.Get all sand, grit or sharp debris removed from your Clearly Tough windshield first so you don't scratch the windshield.
2. Then, gently wash windshield with a solution of mild soap and lukewarm water, using a soft cloth or sponge to loosen any dirt or grime. A small bucket of clean water with a tablespoon of common dishwashing soap works great. Avoid chemicals or cleaners which contain alcohol or ammonia, like common household window cleaners or automotive rain repellents. These chemicals may damage to MarGuard coating.
3. To finish rinse with clean water to remove any cleaner residue and dry the surface with a soft cloth to prevent water spotting.
Manufacture Recommendations for polycarbonate windshields:
- Never use abrasive or highly alkaline cleaner on polycarbonate materials.
- Never use aromatic or halogenated solvents like toluene, benzene, gasoline, acetone or carbon tetrachloride on polycarbonate materials.
- Use of incompatible cleaning materials with polycarbonate sheet can cause structural and/or surface damage.
- Contact with harsh solvents such as methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) or hydrochloric acid can result in surface degradation and possible crazing of windshield.
- Never scrub with brushes, steel wool or other abrasive materials.
- Never use squeegees, razor blades or other sharp instruments to remove deposits or spots.
- Do not clean polycarbonate in direct sunlight or at high temperatures as this can lead to staining.
**For all mentioned chemicals consult the manufacturer’s material safety datasheet (MSDS) for proper safety precautions.
Scratches and minor abrasions can be minimized with high quality plastic polish such as Novus® or Plexus®. We suggest you test a small, inconspicuous patch of your polycarbonate windshield with the polish selected first. Follow the polish manufacturer’s instructions and if it works well, use the polish on the scratched area.
Additionally, when securing your UTV for trailering there are many variables such as wind gusts, traveling speeds, vehicle orientation, etc… and each person will need to make decisions based on their unique situation.
Orders shipped to an address outside of the continental United States may be subject to additional brokerage, duty, or international taxes, which is NOT the responsibility of Clearly Tough.com. Also, Clearly Tough.com will NOT be responsible for any brokerage, duty, or international taxes or other fees due for an order shipped to an address outside the continental United States.
In order to file a claim with the shipping company they may want to inspect the packaging and damaged item. Here are the complete instructions for filing a damaged package report through UPS.
Unfortunately, when the packaging has been lost or discarded, we can’t accept a claim because then neither we nor the shipping company can verify where the damage occurred. Claims must be made within 15 days after the package has arrived or they can’t be accepted.
Send us an email